The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. Mark Twain

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Most Powerful Drug

It was Kipling who said "words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." They are certainly addictive, either in the reading or the writing, as so many of you know who also love the written word. In my desire to improve my own work, and to share it with those of you who may be interested, I've created this site as both repository and workshop. I invite you to browse my work, most of it still adolescent, and encourage any critiques you might have to give. Johnson told us that "what is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." This is my effort. I ask for your help. I hope the helping itself is not without pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment